Methods done, I think #phdchat #dissertation

Posted: April 12, 2013 in dissertation

I made a bit of progress today. I think I have finished off my methodology section. The biggest concern I have is with my sampling method. I have developed a pretty complicated method for creating a stratified population frame in an attempt to not have to identify every company in the state that has product engineers. I am going to try and find out if I can buy a list that meets my requirements. It would allow me to go after a larger sample, with much less work.

As I was getting ready to print out what I had at the end of the day I realized that somehow my styles got messed up, and required about 20 min to fix. Tomorrow morning I am going to read through the 40 pages that I have before the dissertation seminar, and then it back to work on chapter 2.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s