Making progress on my #dissertation, surveys distributed!

Posted: February 9, 2014 in dissertation

The last two weeks I have made significant progress. I started by distributing my survey to my 16 seed participants for Respondent Driven Sampling (RDS). After a couple days most of them had taken it but no one from the second wave had taken it. A week later there were still no second wave participants, and I contacted my chair about going ahead with my back-up plan. She agreed and I went ahead with finding company info on Reference USA. Over the last several days I found contact info for nearly nearly 900 companies. Today I scheduled emails to go out to them on Monday.

Also on Friday I eat down with the stats assistant and looked at a sample export from qualtrics and made a plan for how I am going to recode and aggregate fields, and which tests are going to be run. Hopefully within the next two weeks I will reach an acceptable number of participants to move on to analysis, and start my interviews.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s